5 Small Changes To Improve Your Nutrition
Weight loss doesn’t have to be hard! Follow these simple tips for an easy way to get you started off on the right foot:
- Be consistent !Do you tend to have coffee for breakfast, a small salad or protein bar for lunch, then come home absolutely ravenous eat everything in sight? Don’t do it! The body operates best on consistency. Balanced meals every few hours with planned snacks will keep blood sugars in check and unplanned snacking at bay.
- Wake up with a glass of H20. Do you wake up with a growling stomach? Ever wonder if it could be dehydration? Try having a tall glass of room temperature to warm water with a lemon wedge squeezed in it. This not only hydrates but helps detoxify and gently encourages digestion to begin.
- The Power of PFC. To be optimally satisfied at each meal – incorporate your PFC’s: Protein, Fat, Carbohydrate. Protein for muscles, fat for satiety, carb for energy! Try an omelet with avocado, cheese and veggies for breakfast or steel cut oats with peanut butter and bananas as a nutritious way to start the day.
- Keep your protein in check. Yes, protein (as well as carbs!) is imperative to gaining, maintaining, and repairing lean muscle mass. But don’t have too much of a good thing! Protein requires consistent intakes throughout the day because 1. You can only utilize so much in one sitting and 2. Anything “extra” will be excreted or interfere with absorption of other important nutrients. Balance is key!
- Consult with a pro. There is a lot of conflicting research and ideas out there, and it can be overwhelming. Maintain your sanity and consult with a Registered Dietitian to answer your questions and create a plan that is right for you, and you alone!