What you eat post workout is just as important as what you eat pre workout. Make sure you eat to refuel and recover!
Key Points for Post Workout Nutrition:
- Post workout requires carbohydrates and protein for optimal recovery. A balanced meal (whole grains, lean proteins, and veggies) will do the job!
- Aim for the 30 Minute Window: this is the amount of time when the bodily most efficiently utilizes food post workout. If you can’t make the deadline, don’t wait any longer than 2 hours to eat a nutritious meals or snack.
- Not hungry for a meal? No problem. Try to have a small nutritious snack like fruit and yogurt, a small bowl of cereal, or a palm size of almonds and a piece of fruit.
Post Workout Meal/Snack Suggestions:
- Brown rice, chicken, and asparagus.
- Sweet potato, salmon, and broccoli.
- Quinoa, beans, and bell peppers.
- Rice cakes, peanut butter, and raisins.
- Pita chips, veggies, and hummus.
- Hard boiled eggs and apple.
- Oatmeal, milk, and berries.